FLORIDA MARATHON & 1/2 MARATHON WEEKEND
Located in Melbourne on Florida’s Space Coast, between Miami and Jacksonville, east of Orlando and Tampa, the Publix Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Weekend makes for a perfect warm winter running destination for runners of all ages and levels. It is held a month after the Disney Marathon. Like a Rock-n-Roll marathon, our event includes more than 20 musical acts along the course of the half and full marathon and half a dozen on the routes of the 5-k and 8-k races.
It is a walker and headphones-friendly event with a seven hour time limit on the Marathon course. Half Marathoners have 5 hours to complete the event.
A very scenic route awaits and includes four bridge crossings for the full and two for the half-marathon. The course twice takes marathoners to the beach side barrier island and back to the mainland before concluding at the riverfront Front Street Park in downtown Melbourne. The awards ceremony follows with a party featuring yet another live band.
Take the Floridiot Challenge! Run either or both the 5k and 8k on Saturday and the half or full marathon on Sunday and receive a special medallion produced by The HIghland Mint.
Register for races individually, and check in with our Floridiot Tent on Sunday to receive your medallion.
We compost, Recycle, Reuse and are one of the world’s most sustainable running and endurance events. PERIOD.
Our 3-D revolving Alligator Head medal is in, and it is a one of a kind work of art!
Runners World Magazine calls us “One of America’s Top 10 Bucket List Waterfront Races.”
Join us February 4 & 5, 2017 for any of our 5k, 8k, 1/2 marathon, 1/2 marathon relay or marathon in Melbourne on the Space Coast.
Note that Saturday runners of the 5k and 8k do not receive medals.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Florida Theme Collectible medals (recycled metals) to all 1/2 marathon, 1/2 relay and full marathon finishers
- Tech tees made from recycled materials to ALL pre-registered participants
- Embroidered Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon logo hats to half marathon, relay and full marathon runners
- Post-race concerts both race days
- Pizza and fruit to runners on Saturday
- Pollo Tropical, Pizza Gallery Pizza, Publix nutritiuon and brews courtesy of Florida Beer to runners Sunday
- Gatorade, water and Clif Shots at each stop Sunday
- Pacers (for BOTH the 1/2 Marathon and full marathon)
- One of Florida’s Top Boston Marathon qualifying rate – four 5-mile straightaways in the marathon
- Fun, Fun, Fun in Florida in February
START AND FINISH AREAS AT MELBOURNE’S BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE FRONT STREET PARK!