FL MARATHON 2018
Countdown To Race Weekend
Event at a Glance
FRI – February 8, 2019
3:00-7:00pm: Packet Pickup
SAT – February 9, 2019
10:00am – 6:00pm – Packet Pick-Up for Half, Full & relay
SUN – February 10th, 2019
5:00am-5:45am(hard close) Packet Pickup
Location – Gazebo at Front Street Park
Marathon & 1/2 Marathon, 1/2 Marathon Relay. Florida Today 5K
Avg. Race day Temp.
Sunday race weather is expected to be warm and ranging from 66 degrees at 6 a.m. to 80
degrees at noon.
Very scenic and mostly flat with four bridge crossings for the full and two for the 1/2 marathon. 20 musical acts. 20 miles of flat straight away route for marathoners and 9 for half-marathoners. Potentially ideal running weather. 7 hour time limit for the marathon, and 5 hour time limit for the half marathon.
6:00am – Full Marathon
6:45am – 1/2 Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Relay
7:00am – Florida Today 5K
10:00am – Coloring the Causeway for a Cure start
We will have Dedicated Race Pacers for the Half and Full Marathons to guide you through the following distance times:
Half – 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20
Full marathon – 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45, 5:00
FLORIDA MARATHON & 1/2 MARATHON
“One of America’s Top 10 Bucket List Waterfront Races,” says Runners World Magazine.
Located in Melbourne on Florida’s Space Coast, between Miami and Jacksonville, east of Orlando and Tampa, the Publix Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon makes for a perfect warm winter running destination for runners of all ages and levels. It is held a month after the Disney Marathon. Like a Rock-n-Roll marathon, our event includes up to 20 musical acts along the course of the half and full marathon and half a dozen on the routes of the 5-k.
It is a walker and headphones-friendly event with a seven hour time limit on the Marathon course. Half Marathoners have 5 hours to complete the event.
A very scenic route awaits and includes four bridge crossings for the full and two for the half-marathon. The course twice takes marathoners to the beach side barrier island and back to the mainland before concluding at the riverfront Front Street Park in downtown Melbourne. The awards ceremony follows with a party featuring yet another live band.
We compost, Recycle, Reuse and are one of the worlds most sustainable running and endurance events. PERIOD.
Packet Pick-up Info
Packet pick up will be the afternoon of Friday, February 8 and all day on Saturday, February 9.
2019 bling will be released soon!
2018 Pineapple Medal to all Marathon, 1/2 Marathon and 1/2 Relay Finishers
Introducing our Saturday, February 10, 2018 Florida Today 5k and 8k Finisher medals featuring the brand new Florida Today logo!!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- BIG, BOLD & BEAUTIFUL Strawberry themed medals (recycled metals) to all 1/2 marathon, 1/2 relay and full marathon finishers
- Tech tees made from recycled materials to ALL pre-registered participants
- Embroidered Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon logo hats to half marathon, relay and full marathon runners
- Post-race concerts both race days
- Pizza and fruit to runners on Saturday
- Pizza Gallery Pizza, Publix nutrition and brews courtesy of Florida Beer to runners Sunday
- Gatorade, water and Clif Shots at each stop Sunday
- Pacers (for BOTH the 1/2 Marathon and full marathon)
- One of Florida’s Top Boston Marathon qualifying rate – four 5-mile straightaways in the marathon
- Fun, Fun, Fun in Florida in February
START AND FINISH AREAS AT MELBOURNES BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE FRONT STREET PARK!