1/2 Marathon Relay division now open for Florida Marathon & 1/2 Marathon Weekend:
TWO-PERSON TEAM MEMBERS WILL EACH RUN 6.55 MILES IN 13.1 MILE HALF-MARATHON RACE
Relay race day information
Relay Team Member #1
- Go to the starting line and start with the regular Half Marathon at 6:45am
- Stage 1 runners will be brought back to the finish line as numbers warrant a bus trip.
- The shuttle to return team member #1 to Front Street Park, leaving the hand off location at approximately 8:15am and 8:35am.
Relay Team Member #2
- Either meet at the relay staging area at Melbourne City Hall
- Or go straight to the relay hand of location – on the east side of the Eau Gallie Causeway, at the boat launch lot.
- There will be a bus to take 2nd stage runners (likely need three return trips) from City Hall to the 2nd stage area from 6 a.m. to 6:45 a.m.
- The first relay bus will leave at 6 a.m. and the second and final bus will leave at 6:45 a.m. to take stage 2 runners to the half-way point. THESE ARE HARD TIMES. DO NOT BE LATE!
Relay team members will share an ankle bracelet that will work as a baton. Each runner will also have bibs with the same number.
RELAY STAGING AREA – Relay member #2 will need to meet at:
Melbourne City Hall
900 E. Strawbridge Ave.
Melbourne, FL 32901
Register now on www.smoothrunning.org!